We wait ages for Formula 1 films and then – bang! – suddenly the sport is the darling of the big and small screens. After the successes of SENNA, RUSH and 1: Life on the Limit, a fourth film is set to grace the world: 33 Days.
This is a documentary on Niki Lauda, but unlike the semi-realistic focus on the 1976 title fight with James Hunt in RUSH, this film is focused on the Austrian’s incredible return to the race track, just 33 days after his fiery accident at the Nürburgring.
The film features previously unseen footage from the Formula 1 archives, as well as interviews with a host of F1 luminaries, including Lauda (of course), Sir Jackie Stewart, David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.
Here’s the first teaser trailer to be released to the public:
Image via Autolimite
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020