Nico Rosberg has reportedly signed a two-year contract extension to remain with the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team for a further two seasons, according to reports by BBC Sport.
The German’s contract with the Silver Arrows was believed to be running out at the end of the current season, but the renewed deal – yet to be officially confirmed by the Brackley-based team – puts paid to wild speculation suggesting Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso could replace him.
Rosberg claimed victory at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, and went on to finish second to teammate Lewis Hamilton in the following four races, losing the lead in the Drivers’ Championship standings to the Englishman after the Spanish Grand Prix.
Image via XPB Images
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020