Three-time Formula 1 World Champion Sir Jack Brabham will be given a state funeral on Wednesday June 11, the Queensland government and his family have announced.
The ceremony will take place at 1:30pm at the Southport Church of Christ on the Gold Coast, and his entire extended family – racing sons Gary, Geoff and David, and grandsons Matthew and Sam – are expected to attend.
The 88-year-old died peacefully at home on Monday, sparking a wave of tributes around the world for the only man to have won a Formula 1 World Championship in a car of his own construction.
It is also expected that a memorial service will be held in the United Kingdom, where Sir Jack enjoyed much of his success in junior-level categories, and later as co-founder of the Brabham F1 team with Ron Tauranac.
Image via LAT Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020