Force India team principal Vijay Mallya has taken direct inspiration from RichardsF1.com after another impressive performance from Nico Hülkenberg, who finished fifth at last weekend’s Monaco Grand Prix.
The German drove beautifully once again to claim a valuable ten points for the team, but the clear highlight was a super brave passing move on Kevin Magnussen, which we immediately suggested would be one of the great overtakes of the 2014 season.
— RichardsF1.com (@richardsf1) May 25, 2014
Our Twitter comment sparked a huge reaction from Force India fans, and the German once again found himself receiving high praise from the team boss himself, who all but quoted us in his summary of the 26-year-old’s performance.
“Today’s race equals our best ever result in Monaco, so I am obviously very pleased about Nico’s performance,” Mallya said afterwards.
“He drove a very clean and strong race, and was able to withstand incredible pressure in the last 20 laps to finish fifth despite being on very old tyres. He also pulled off one of the best overtaking moves of this season, so I think he will remember this day for a long time.”
Hülkenberg already enjoys a reputation as a solid overtaker, but the move on Magnussen – at the last corner you would imagine a passing move would take place – was definitely a ripper.
Images via FOM and XPB Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020