Citroën Racing will field four C-Elysées at this weekend’s FIA World Touring Car Championship round at Moscow Raceway, with Ma Qing Hua joining series regulars José-María López, Yvan Muller and Sébastien Loeb in an expanded line-up.
The Chinese driver – winner of his national touring car title before a brief stint as an F1 test driver for both HRTF1 and Caterham – has tested extensively for the French marque ahead of its announcement that he would participate in selected championship rounds over the course of its debut WTCC campaign.
“I can’t wait to get out and race again, in a high-quality championship and as part of a very professional outfit,” Ma said.
“A few weeks ago, I spent a lot of time at the technical centre in Versailles. It was really special to see the old Dakar Rally and WRC cars, which have won so many races and titles. I got the opportunity to meet the whole team and we spent a long time getting me set up in the C-Elysée WTCC.
“I had taken part in several test sessions over the winter, and I then did another day in Navarra, which enabled us to work more specifically on the setup of my car.”
His full-time teammates López, Muller and Loeb currently lie 1-2-3 in the Drivers’ Championship standings.
Images via FIA WTCC Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020