Daniel Ricciardo has been issued with a formal reprimand after an incident with Pastor Maldonado in the opening practice session of this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix.
While Maldonado has a reputation for his fair share of incidents, this time it was Ricciardo who was the villain.
The Red Bull Racing driver was judged by the FIA Stewards to have “dangerously” overtaken Maldonado in the pit lane at the end of Friday’s morning’s opening 90-minute practice session at the Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve.
“[Ricciardo] drove in a manner that was potentially dangerous to others in the pit lane,” their official ruling reads.
Should he receive two more reprimands before the end of the season, the Australian will be hit with a ten-place grid penalty.
Image via XPB Images
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020