Peter Prodromou, Red Bull Racing’s former head of aerodynamics, will join McLaren earlier than anticipated, the Woking team has confirmed.
Back in October last year, Prodromou had signed to join McLaren when his contract with Red Bull Racing expired at the end of this year.
However, Prodromou will start earlier, as McLaren CEO Ron Dennis confirmed to reporters at last weekend’s Austrian Grand Prix:
“We’ve got Peter Prodromou joining us in September so that will be a big step. “It will bolster our revitalised aero team, so I’m not concerned about aero performance next year, it will come right.”
Prodromou’s earlier-than-expected arrival was the outcome of a settlement reached between McLaren and Red Bull Racing. The former agreeing to drop threats of legal action against the latter after it emerged that Red Bull Racing managed to renegotiate a contract with aerodynamicist Dan Fallows following Fallows’ signing a deal to join McLaren.
Image via Sutton Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020