Fresh from completing her second Formula 1 test outing, Sauber has announced that affiliate driver Simona de Silvestro will have another test drive, this time at the Circuit of the Americas.
The former IndyCar Series driver joined the Swiss team at the start of the year as an ‘affiliated driver’ and had her first F1 test outing in a re-liveried two-year-old Sauber C31 at Fiorano, followed more recently by another stint in Valencia.
The team has since announced a third outing, which will take place at the Texas circuit in August.
“My racing career has evolved in America, so I can’t think of a better track to train at than Circuit of The Americas,” de Silvestro, 25, said.
“The track is truly a world class facility and one of the best on the entire calendar. I can’t wait to drive there.”
Image via Sauber F1 Team Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020