This weekend’s German Grand Prix at Hockenheim will feature two DRS zones, the FIA has confirmed.
It will be the first time that the circuit has featured two activation zones – its 2012 Grand Prix had just one – continuing the trend adopted by the FIA since 2013 as it works to further encourage overtaking.
While the Hermann Tilke-designed layout has always enjoyed a reputation for overtaking since it was debuted in 2002, the two DRS zones have been placed between Turns 1 and 2 and along the Parabolika curve between Turn 4 and 6.
Image via Lotus F1 Team
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Courtney splits with Team Sydney - 2 March, 2020
- Supercars: Pit stop blunder hands McLaughlin win - 23 February, 2020
- Supercars: Whincup wins Adelaide opener - 22 February, 2020
- Supercars: Courtney gets Coca-Cola backing - 4 February, 2020
- Supercars: Fullwood goes fulltime - 20 January, 2020