This weekend’s German Grand Prix at Hockenheim will feature two DRS zones, the FIA has confirmed.
It will be the first time that the circuit has featured two activation zones – its 2012 Grand Prix had just one – continuing the trend adopted by the FIA since 2013 as it works to further encourage overtaking.
While the Hermann Tilke-designed layout has always enjoyed a reputation for overtaking since it was debuted in 2002, the two DRS zones have been placed between Turns 1 and 2 and along the Parabolika curve between Turn 4 and 6.
Image via Lotus F1 Team
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020