This weekend’s German Grand Prix at Hockenheim will feature two DRS zones, the FIA has confirmed.
It will be the first time that the circuit has featured two activation zones – its 2012 Grand Prix had just one – continuing the trend adopted by the FIA since 2013 as it works to further encourage overtaking.
While the Hermann Tilke-designed layout has always enjoyed a reputation for overtaking since it was debuted in 2002, the two DRS zones have been placed between Turns 1 and 2 and along the Parabolika curve between Turn 4 and 6.
Image via Lotus F1 Team
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Pye to leave Walkinshaw Andretti United - 6 November, 2019
- McLaren parts ways with key sponsor - 5 November, 2019
- Supercars: Tim Blanchard Racing re-signs Macauley Jones - 4 November, 2019
- Supercars: Heimgartner to race alongside Kelly in 2020 - 1 November, 2019
- Supercars: Stanaway will return for Sandown - 1 November, 2019