This weekend’s German Grand Prix at Hockenheim will feature two DRS zones, the FIA has confirmed.
It will be the first time that the circuit has featured two activation zones – its 2012 Grand Prix had just one – continuing the trend adopted by the FIA since 2013 as it works to further encourage overtaking.
While the Hermann Tilke-designed layout has always enjoyed a reputation for overtaking since it was debuted in 2002, the two DRS zones have been placed between Turns 1 and 2 and along the Parabolika curve between Turn 4 and 6.
Image via Lotus F1 Team
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Formula 2: Rookie Shwartzmann wins rain-delayed Feature Race - 12 July, 2020
- Formula 2: Rookie Tsunoda clinches pole - 11 July, 2020
- Formula 2: Maiden win for Ilott after teammate Zhou hits trouble - 5 July, 2020
- Formula 2: Zhou romps to pole in Austria - 4 July, 2020
- Supercars: Winton round postponed amid Covid-19 spike - 2 July, 2020