The Erebus Motorsport V8 Supercars team has secured some important new commercial backing, with the team announcing two new sponsors have joined its ranks for the remainder of the season.
While the team may be owned by multi-millionaire property heiress Betty Klimenko, the colourful team owner has kept the team running on as little of her own wealth as possible, opting for good old-fashioned sponsorship revenue to help keep the team ticking along.
The team headed into its second season of Australian tin-top racing having trimmed to a two-car operation and minus a number of major commercial backers. The team has been keen to get a proper commercial arrangement in place from Mercedes-Benz Australia, and it showed signs of progress when the team’s two cars recently began sporting AMG Customer Sports logos for the first time last month.
The team’s maiden race win at Winton and more increasingly competitive showings have encouraged two more players to join the fold.
Lee Holdsworth’s #4 entry will carry signage from Tasmanian auto dealer Buckby Motors, while Will Davison’s #9 racer will show off MEX Maintenance Software branding. Both companies will serve as ‘bonnet sponsors’ for the upcoming rounds at Ipswich and Sydney Motorsport Park. The logos will assume less prominent positions for the remainder of the year as other sponsors take turns on the hood of the team’s C63 AMG racers.
Image via Erebus Motorsport
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020