Fans attending this weekend’s FIA World Touring Car Championship round at the Termas de Río Hondo circuit will have two local drivers to cheer on. Argentine driver Camilo Echevarría has signed a one-race deal to drive for Liqui Moly Team Engstler in one of their two TC2T class BMW 320TCs.
The 24-year-old currently lies second overall in the TC Pista championship, the supporting class to the Argentina’s top tier Turismo Carretera series. He also had a call-up to the recent 200km of Buenos Aires Super TC 2000 race with Toyota Team Argentina.
Echevarría replaces Italian racer Pasquale di Sabatino, who may return to race for the team over a selection of the remaining championship rounds this season. Di Sabatino lies second in the TC2T Yokohama Trophy standings behind team owner/driver Franz Engstler.
Image via XPB Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020