Ferrari has come out and strenuously denied claims that it has sacked its Engineering Director, Pat Fry.
Reports in the British media claim that the 50-year-old Englishman has become the latest in a run of high-profile casualties following another apparent reshuffle in the Maranello team’s ranks.
However, Ferrari was quick to deny the claims, taking to Twitter with the following:
For those who ask about Pat Fry: just rumors, rumors, rumors…
— Scuderia Ferrari (@InsideFerrari) July 29, 2014
Fry joined the team from McLaren, and took a number of the Woking team’s engineers along with him. But despite its high-profile signing, the team has failed to clinch either championship crown and has remained winless in 2014.
Team Principal Stefano Deomanicali quit the outfit back in April and was replaced by Marco Mattiacci, who has indicated that the makeup of the team in 2015 will be “different”.
While the team was vocal in its denial that Fry was on the move, it has offered little more than a ‘no comment’ on similar rumours surrounding longstanding engine man, Luca Marmorini…
Image via Sutton Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020