The talented offerings left in the wake of the Caterham F1 Team’s mass redundancies are quickly being hired by rival outfits. The Scuderia Toro Rosso team has confirmed that Jody Egginton has joined its ranks as its Head of Vehicle Performance.
Egginton was previously Caterham’s Operations Director, having been with the team since its inception in 2010, initially as the team’s Chief Engineer. Egginton was one of a number of ex-Force India team members poached into the team’s start-up personnel by former technical director Mike Gascoyne.
The Englishman had spent five years with Force India (as well as its previous Midland/Spyker guises) as a race engineer, having moved to Formula 1 after stints with Aston Martin’s sports car operation and Opel’s now-defunct DTM set-up.
Image via XPB Images
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020