|The Great Race 1960-2001: Collector’s Set (Limited Edition)|
|6-disc DVD set, 500 minutes|
|© 2014, Distributed by Beyond Home Entertainment|
We all call it ‘The Great Race’, and surely there can be no better description for the annual Bathurst 1000 touring car endurance race.
The Great Race 1960-2001: Collector’s Set is a mammoth, six-disc covering the first four decade’s of the classic event’s history. Charting its origins at Phillip Island in 1960, the event moved to Bathurst three years later and has enjoyed a permanent home there ever since, stopping the nation on an October weekend as the country’s best touring car drivers do battle.
The series’ remaining discs break out into the event’s key eras: from the big muscle cars of the 1970s to the birth of the Group A in the 1980s. That was followed by the controversial turbo era in the late 1980s, leading into the V8 era, which is synonymous today with the Australian touring car landscape.
If you’re a Bathurst or Australian touring car fan, then this is definitely one box set you should add to your collection.
The Great Race 1960-2001: Collector’s Set is available through most major DVD resellers.
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Smith secures full-time BJR drive - 13 November, 2019
- Supercars: Pye to leave Walkinshaw Andretti United - 6 November, 2019
- McLaren parts ways with key sponsor - 5 November, 2019
- Supercars: Tim Blanchard Racing re-signs Macauley Jones - 4 November, 2019
- Supercars: Heimgartner to race alongside Kelly in 2020 - 1 November, 2019