Romain Grosjean has prematurely confirmed his re-signing with the Lotus F1 Team for 2015, making the announcement on his social media platforms before swiftly deleting the posts.
The news – expected to be formally announced ahead of next weekend’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – is widely anticipated, with most of the frontrunning teams confirming their 2015 line-ups early, while seemingly vacant seats at McLaren and Ferrari are likely to go to other drivers.
Grosjean was free to exit his multi-year Lotus contract due to a performance clause in his contract; the team has scored just three top-ten finishes to-date with its radical and uncompetitive E22 challenger.
Grosjean will partner Pastor Maldonado next year, with the Venezuelan’s re-signing announced as long ago as the July’s German Grand Prix.
Image via XPB Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020