Romain Grosjean has prematurely confirmed his re-signing with the Lotus F1 Team for 2015, making the announcement on his social media platforms before swiftly deleting the posts.
The news – expected to be formally announced ahead of next weekend’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – is widely anticipated, with most of the frontrunning teams confirming their 2015 line-ups early, while seemingly vacant seats at McLaren and Ferrari are likely to go to other drivers.
Grosjean was free to exit his multi-year Lotus contract due to a performance clause in his contract; the team has scored just three top-ten finishes to-date with its radical and uncompetitive E22 challenger.
Grosjean will partner Pastor Maldonado next year, with the Venezuelan’s re-signing announced as long ago as the July’s German Grand Prix.
Image via XPB Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018