Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner will marry ex Spice Girls singer Geri Halliwell, it has been confirmed.
The red-headed singer of the largest girl group of the 1990s will tie the knot with the team boss at a to-be-announced date, after confirming their engagement via her Twitter feed.
The pair’s relationship was finally revealed in late March after lengthy attempts on their part to block the British tabloids from breaking the news. Horner, 40, split with his partner of 14 years, Beverley Allen, just six months after she gave birth to their first child, a daughter conceived via IVF. It is understood that he and Halliwell started their affair late last year, less than two months after the birth.
Halliwell has been an occasional presence in the Formula 1 paddock as far back as 2009 – snapped then with Horner – and has a checkered history with her own relationships, having previously been involved in a number of high-profile relationships with the likes of Chris Evens, Russell Brand and Robbie Williams.
She was previously engaged to the Italian shipping tycoon Fabrizio Politi and had brief relationships with Henry Beckwith, coffee entrepreneur Bobby Hashemi and screenwriter Sacha Gervasi, father of her seven-year-old daughter Bluebell.
Image via Paris Match
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020