The Formula 1 World Championship spoils went to Lewis Hamilton for the second time in his career, but we have a first time winner in the form of a Tanzanian-based tipster, alpha, who held the lead for much of the season and claimed the spoils by a scant 9 points from former champion julianz.
Here’s how points were calculated each round:
2 points for correctly guessing the driver who claims pole position
2 points for correctly guessing the race winner
1 point for correctly guessing each of the top-two finishing teams, with an additional point for correctly guessing the order in which each team finishes
1 point for correctly guessing each of the top-eight finishing drivers, and an additional point for correctly guessing the order in which each of the top-eight finishing drivers finish
1 point for correctly guessing which driver will post the fastest lap of the race
1 point for correctly guessing which driver will gain the most places at the chequered flag relative to their race starting position
Those who are registered to play at the start of the 2014 season were also be asked to nominate the driver and team who will win the Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championships, respectively. This question will be asked in the Australian Grand Prix round of the championship. The following points structure was added to the final Grand Prix’s points scores (but excluded from ‘Double Up’) if their guesses were as follows:
- 25 points each if their nominated driver or constructor wins the 2014 championship
- 18 points each if their nominated driver or constructor finishes in second place
- 15 points each if their nominated driver or constructor finishes in third place; and
- A bonus 10 points if their nominated driver and constructor wins both titles
Where did you finish up at the end of the season? Click here to see the final points’ standings.
Thanks to everyone who played this year!
Stay tuned for details of our 2015 Predictions Competition, which will be launched in the lead-up to the season-opening Australian Grand Prix!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020