Fresh from announcing the appointment of former Sauber F1 driver Esteban Gutiérrez as its new reserve driver, Ferrari has also confirmed the arrival of a number of Mexican sponsors to its roster.
Headlining the new deal is the Mexican telecommunications conglomerate América Móvil, which is the parent company for the likes of Telmex, Telcel and Claro, whose logos have been with Sauber since its fielding of both Gutiérrez and – earlier – Sergio Pérez.
The companies’ logos will be presents on next year’s Formula 1 racing car to be driven by Kimi Räikkönen and Sebastian Vettel.
It is unclear if the América Móvil group’s sponsorship with Sauber will continue beyond the end of this year, although given the Swiss team no longer has a Mexican driver on its roster – having signed Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson to its roster – it would be logical to assume that prospect is highly unlikely.
Image via XPB Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020