Jenson Button has closed out a tough 2014 year with a celebration, by marring long-time love Jessica Michibata.
The couple, who have dated for six years and became engaged at the beginning of the year following the sudden death of Jenson’s father, John, tied the knot in a ceremony with family and friends on the Hawaiian island of Maui.
Button, who recently secured a contract extension with McLaren ahead of its reunification with engine partner, Honda, looked dapper in a navy three-piece suit. His bride wore a traditional strapless wedding gown and lace veil with lavish embellishments.
With cars having been a centrepiece of their courtship, Mr and Mrs Button drove off to start their honeymoon in a classic Pontiac GTO.
The pair has dated since 2008, when the first met at Tokyo – where Michibata was working as a fashion model – and split for a six-month period in 2011 before getting back together again. Button proposed to his bride-to-be in February with a lavish five-carat diamond ring believed to be worth over £250,000.
The RichardsF1.com team sends its congratulations to the happy couple.
Images via Daily Mail
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Formula E: Zürich drops off the 2018-19 schedule - 5 September, 2018
- Formula 2: Russell extends title lead with Sprint Race win - 2 September, 2018
- Formula 2: Makino romps to shock maiden win - 2 September, 2018
- Formula 2: Russell wins crucial pole at Monza - 1 September, 2018
- ‘The Passion for Muscle Cars’ - 31 August, 2018