LADA Sport has taken the wraps off the livery scheme it will run in the 2015 FIA World Touring Car Championship season, which will mark the debut of the Russian carmaker’s all-new Vesta WTCC racer.
The marque will run an all-new purpose-built Super 2000 TC1 racer to replace the outgoing Granta model, which helped Rob Huff to two race victories at Beijing’s Goldenport Park and the season-ending Macau Guia race.
The team will once again field Huff alongside his 2014 teammates, English racer James Thompson and Russian youngster Mikhail Kozlovskiy.
With the departure of Russian oil giant Lukoil, the new car features sponsorship by another state-owned oil group, Rosneft. The predominantly yellow colour scheme replaces the bright red hues that have predominantly been on the cars since LADA’s first WTCC forways with Russian Bears Racing days in the mid-to-late 2000s.
Image via LADA Sport
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018