The Formula 1 field will have two in-season circuit test sessions over the course of the 2015 Formula 1 season, it has been confirmed. The test sessions will take place in the days following the Spanish and Austrian Grands Prix.
Last year, there were four two-day in-season tests which took place after the Grands Prix in Bahrain, Spain, Britain and Abu Dhabi. Each team had to devote on of their eight available days of running to tyre testing with Pirelli.
This year the number of in-season tests have been halved. Red Bull – owner of Austrian Grand Prix venue, the eponymous Red Bull Ring – has confirmed both test sessions will take place on the Tuesday and Wednesday following the respective Grand Prix.
Each team must allocate two of the four days’ testing to running young drivers.
Three four-day pre-season tests for the 2015 Formula 1 season will take place in Spain, with Jerez hosting the first four days of running in early February.
2015 Formula 1 Test Schedule:
|01-04 February||Pre-Season Test #1||Circuito Permanente de Jerez, Jerez de la Frontera|
|19-22 February||Pre-Season Test #2||Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Barcelona|
|26 Feb – 01 Mar||Pre-Season Test #3||Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Barcelona|
|12-13 May||In-Season Test #1||Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Barcelona|
|23-24 June||In-Season Test #2||Red Bull Ring, Spielberg|
Image via XPB Images
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020