Getting your hands on a Formula 1 car is no easy feat, but if you’ve got a spare £95,000 hiding in the lining of your mattress then you might want to put in an offer for this 1995 Jordan Peugeot, which is on sale via Pistonheads.
This Gary Anderson-designed chassis 195/04 took Rubens Barrichello to a (then) career-best second-placed finish at the Canadian Grand Prix, which was also the only occasion where Jean Alesi finish on the top step of the podium. The same car took the little Brazilian to other points finishes at the French, Belgian and European Grands Prix, helping him finish eleventh overall in the Drivers’ Championship standings.
That weekend was a major boost for Jordan, with Barrichello and teammate Eddie Irvine rounding on the podium in the team’s first double-podium finish – it would only achieve the feat one more time when it claimed a 1-2 at the Belgian Grand Prix in 1998, the team’s first win.
Offered with an original – and very rare – fresh Peugeot V10 engine with zero miles, the car comes with a number of spares including an entire front wing assembly, gearbox, clutch a driveshaft spares.
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Courtney splits with Team Sydney - 2 March, 2020
- Supercars: Pit stop blunder hands McLaughlin win - 23 February, 2020
- Supercars: Whincup wins Adelaide opener - 22 February, 2020
- Supercars: Courtney gets Coca-Cola backing - 4 February, 2020
- Supercars: Fullwood goes fulltime - 20 January, 2020