Force India has decided to skip the first pre-season test in Jerez completely, after originally intending to run its 2014 car.
The team broke the news via their Twitter account, assuring fans they would be present at the Barcelona test.
“We have chosen not to run the old  car in Jerez, the learning opportunities would have been limited so the focus is now on Barcelona,” the team said on Twitter.
According to Force India’s Technical Director Andrew Green, there isn’t much to learn by running a car at a track which isn’t used throughout the season.
“The trouble with Jerez and tyres is that because of the unique tarmac, learning about the tyres is really difficult. So we don’t think we’ll do that much there.
“We’ll do some basic tests with the 2015 tyres, to discover how much they wear more than anything. The spec change from Pirelli appears to be a small step,” Green told Autosport last week.
The decision not to run in this Sunday’s test may have been impacted by having to run their 2014 car with the new Mercedes engine. Also Pirelli’s tyres will be almost identical to how they were in the Abu Dhabi test late last year.
This now leaves just eight teams running in Jerez as Manor GP and Caterham will also miss the test.
Image via XPB Images