There’s plenty of Formula 1 memorabilia up for grabs at many an auction of private sale, but there are few pieces which are perhaps as special as this: the last go-kart raced by the late Ayrton Senna before he moved into open-wheel racing full-time.
It might not look particularly special, but according to the Bonhams auction house, this #9 1981 DAP Kart was raced by the future three-time Formula 1 title-winner at the Karting world championship event at Parma, Italy.
This particular kart was purchased immediately after the race and has remained with the same owner ever since. Painstakingly stored, the kart was purchased without an engine, however an identical engine raced by Senna was subsequently installed.
The kart is expected to fetch a considerable price somewhere between £18,000-£21,000 when it goes up for auction on 5 February. Interested bidders with big wallets can register their interest by clicking here.
Image via Duelos
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018