Tom Chilton will continue with the ROAL Motorsport team for the 2015 FIA World Touring Car Championship, the Italian team has confirmed.
The Englishman joined the team in 2014, and finished eighth overall in the Drivers’ Championship standings. His biggest highlight of the year was a breakthrough maiden win at Beijing’s Goldenport Park circuit, along with two further podium finishes.
“I’m delighted to be racing again with ROAL in the WTCC. I settled into the team quickly last year and managed some great results and podiums on our way to the Yokohama Teams Trophy. I’ve been training hard over the winter and can’t wait to get back into the car,” he said of his new deal to drive one of the team’s TC1 specification Chevrolet Cruzes.
“We’ve set ourselves some high targets for this year to build on the success we had in 2014 and we’re delighted to have Tom back in our car to help us achieve them. He did an excellent job for us last year and we’re all excited to see what we can do with him behind the wheel for 2015,” ROAL team principal Roberto Ravaglia said.
The team has not yet confirmed if veteran driver Tom Coronel will be kept on board for the coming season; it is expected that the identity of Chilton’s teammate will be known in mid-February following a pair of open two-day pre-season tests in Spain.
Image via Christian Hartung
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020