Independent Citröen team Sébastien Loeb Racing has shown off the colour scheme it will run for new signing Mehdi Bennani in the upcoming World Touring Car Championship season.
The Moroccan driver joins rally champion Loeb’s eponymous race team (itself a brand new outfit in WTCC terms) after four seasons with the Proteam Racing squad, with whom he claimed his maiden race win at Shanghai last year.
Bennani brings over the Moroccan flag’s colour scheme, which he has run since he made his WTCC debut in 2009 with the Exagon Engineering outfit.
SLR has yet to announce who will drive the second of its two Citroën C-Elysée WTCCs, although the odds are certain that Chinese driver Ma Qing Hua, who raced for the factory Citröen outfit at five rounds last year, will get the nod.
The full entry list for the 2015 FIA World Touring Car Championship is set to be announced next week at the series’ test and media day event at Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya.
Image via EuroSport
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- A new name for Scuderia Toro Rosso - 17 October, 2019
- Bottas victorious, Mercedes wins sixth title - 14 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019