Former Grand Prix winner Ralf Schumacher and his wife Cora have divorced after thirteen years of marriage.
Schumacher met his wife-to-be – a former model – in April 2001, and by October the pair were married in a private civil ceremony at the couple’s home in Austria.
It was reported last year that the younger Schumacher brother and his wife were only communicating through their lawyers. It later emerged in November that the police were called to their house amid allegations of domestic violence; each lodged assault claims against the other.
Central in the split had been custody of their son, David, and the break-up of the couple’s assets, which included homes in Germany, Austria and France among the former Jordan, Williams and Toyota’s estimated €100 million fortune.
Switzerland’s Blick newspaper has now reported that divorce papers have been settled after a four-hour court hearing, while a German gossip magazine has claimed that Cora (nee Brinkmann) received a €6 million settlement and the title of the family home near Cologne.
“They are divorced,” was all Schumacher’s lawyer would confirm.
Image via Bild
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Formula 2: Russell extends title lead with Sprint Race win - 2 September, 2018
- Formula 2: Makino romps to shock maiden win - 2 September, 2018
- Formula 2: Russell wins crucial pole at Monza - 1 September, 2018
- ‘The Passion for Muscle Cars’ - 31 August, 2018
- Formula 2: Latifi breaks his duck - 26 August, 2018