Nissan Motorsport has taken the covers off the new livery scheme which Rick Kelly will run on his #15 Nissan Altima in this year’s V8 Supercars Championship.
This year will mark the tenth in the series for title sponsor Jack Daniel’s, although the Tennessee whiskey brand has so far not marked the occasion with great fanfare by deciding to scale back to a one-car sponsorship deal with the team.
Nonetheless, it has delivered a tweaked paint job for Kelly, who will be aiming to improve on the thirteenth-placed result he managed in last year’s Drivers’ Championship standings.
“I think 10 years in the sport is a very big achievement. For me inside the car, you want a car that looks fast, and looks aggressive, and I think this is the best Jack Daniel’s livery we have ever had,” he said at the photo shoot to unveil the car’s updated colour scheme.
After a two-day pre-season test session at Sydney Motorsport Park less than a fortnight ago, the 2015 season will officially get underway next weekend with the first round of the championship, the Clipsal 500 at Adelaide.
Image via Nissan Motorsport
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Formula 2: Russell extends title lead with Sprint Race win - 2 September, 2018
- Formula 2: Makino romps to shock maiden win - 2 September, 2018
- Formula 2: Russell wins crucial pole at Monza - 1 September, 2018
- ‘The Passion for Muscle Cars’ - 31 August, 2018
- Formula 2: Latifi breaks his duck - 26 August, 2018