The worlds of Formula 1 and cricket collided today when Sahara Force India Formula One driver Sergio Pérez was put through his paces in an iconic game of Australian backyard cricket with local players Brad Hodge and John Hastings.
The game took place on the shores of the lake at Albert Park, which will play host to the season-opening Australian Grand Prix on March 13-15.
Hodge was back on familiar territory, having won the Mazda6 Celebrity Challenge at the Australian Grand Prix Circuit in 2013.
Australia is in the midst of two major sporting events, with the Grand Prix in Melbourne and the ICC Cricket World Cup taking place across the country and in New Zealand.
Unfortunately it seemed that cricket was not something that might rub off on Pérez, despite Force India team principal Dr Vijay Mallya being a self-confessed cricket tragic and owner of the Bangalore Royal Challengers IPL team!
Check our Facebook page for more photos of Pérez playing cricket.
Images via George Hitchens / © RF1
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020