Volvo Polestar Racing GRM has confirmed that newly-signed driver David Wall will not be competing at this weekend’s non-championship event at the Australian Grand Prix.
His seat in the #34 Volvo S60 will be taken over by Chris Pither, who has served as an Enduro Cup co-driver with Brad Jones Racing for the past two seasons and currently competes for the MW Motorsport team in the feeder Dunlop Series category.
Wall is sitting out the Australian Grand Prix support races on medical advice, after suffering a burn to his right foot at the season-opening Clipsal 500 round at Adelaide.
Wall suffered the injury in the first of the weekend’s three races, which required him to receive pain-killing injections to get through the weekend.
It was his first competitive hit-out in Volvo colours after switching teams from Dick Johnson Racing; he finished 17th, 15th and 16th over the three races and currently lies 14th in the Drivers’ Championship standings.
Image via V8 Supercars Championship
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- ‘Daniel Ricciardo: In Pursuit of Greatness’ - 3 August, 2018
- Formula 2: Sette Câmara stuns with pole - 28 July, 2018
- Formula 2: 2018 Race of Hungary Preview - 27 July, 2018
- Supercars: Bright replaces Brabham for enduro rounds - 27 July, 2018
- Formula 2: Lorandi gets Trident call-up - 24 July, 2018