Red Bull junior driver Pierre Gasly will drive for Scuderia Toro Rosso at the in-season test following the Spanish Grand Prix at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
The Italian team has not, however, confirmed whether the 19-year-old Frenchman will drive on both days of the two-day test, which takes place on May 12 and 13.
Gasly finished as runner-up to Carlos Sainz Jr, now racing for Toro Rosso, in last year’s Formula Renault 3.5 Series. He also raced in the GP2 Series for the final three rounds of the 2014 season with the now-defunct Caterham Racing team, claiming a pair of eleventh-placed finishes at Sochi.
This year Gasly will race full-time in the GP2 Series for the DAMS team, which won the Drivers’ and Teams’ championship crowns last year.
Image via GP2 Series Media
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Le Brocq holds out in four-way thriller - 19 July, 2020
- Supercars: Percat romps to second victory of 2020 - 19 July, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin wins under Sydney floodlights - 18 July, 2020
- Supercars: Darwin to host double-header - 18 July, 2020
- Formula 2: Ilott sntaches pole in red-flagged qualifying session - 18 July, 2020