Former Grand Prix driver David Coulthard will suit up again this weekend to drive a Red Bull Racing Formula 1 car in India.
The Scot is set to complete a series of demonstration runs in the team’s Renault-powered RB8, which claimed seven Grand Prix victories en route to claiming the second of four consecutive Drivers’/Constructors’ title sweeps. This weekend’s demonstration runs will take in the city of Hyderabad, around the Hussain Sagar Lake.
It will be the fourth time that a Red Bull F1 demonstration has taken place in the world’s most populous country; the team has previously taken to the Bandra Worli Sea Link in Mumbai, the India Gate in Delhi and the Khardung-la mountain pass in the Kashmir state.
The country briefly played host to Formula 1 at the purposebuilt Buddh International Circuit in Noida from 2011-2013, with Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull Racing winning all three races.
Image via Infiniti Red Bull Racing Media
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen triumphs in Townsville - 8 July, 2018
- Formula 2: Markelov victorious in Sprint Race - 1 July, 2018
- Formula 2: Russell closes on title lead with win - 1 July, 2018
- Formula 2: Back-to-back poles for Russell - 30 June, 2018
- Formula 2: De Vries claims first win of 2018 - 24 June, 2018