Rickard Rydell will be back behind the wheel for the NIKA Racing squad at next month’s FIA World Touring Car Championship round at Moscow Raceway.
After scoring points in the opening round of the year at Argentina, the Swedish driver has been sidelined from competition since the 2015 season’s second round in Morocco after suffering an acute bout of thyroiditis, missing that event as well as the series’ subsequent visits to Hungary and the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The Honda-affiliated team elected to skip those rounds, rather than field a replacement driver.
Rydell has subsequently recovered and conducted a private test in the team’s Honda Civic WTCC racer at Mantorp Park, where his physical condition was assessed and he was deemed fit to return to racing. The team also evaluated new suspension components from their technical partner Öhlins.
Image via FIA WTCC Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018
- Ricciardo leads Verstappen in FP1 - 14 September, 2018