Sauber reserve driver Raffaele Marciello will have another outing behind the wheel of the Swiss team’s C34 at next week’s post-Austrian Grand Prix test at the Red Bull Ring.
The Italian driver will run on the first day of the two-day test – which takes place on June 23-24 – before handing over to Felipe Nasr on the second day.
Marciello’s last outing came at the first in-season test, following the Spanish Grand Prix in May (pictured above), where he shared driving duties with Marcus Ericsson.
Marciello is also contesting his second season of racing in the feeder GP2 Series championship, running with the Trident team this year. His last outing in Monaco saw him claim his first podium finish of the season, with a second-placed result in the Monaco Sprint Race.
The team will be hoping to use the in-season test to run a number of developments parts on its Ferrari-powered car, which has slipped to the lower midfield after a strong season-opening Australian Grand Prix where Nasr and Ericsson finished fifth and eighth respectively.
The C34 has claimed just three further points’ finishes since as it slipped to equal-sixth in the Constructors’ Championship standings with Force India, thanks to another double-result in China followed by a ninth-placed finish for Nasr in Monaco.
Image via Sauber AG
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020