Daniel Ricciardo really hasn’t had much to smile about this season, but he some reason to cheer in Sunday’s Hungarian Grand Prix after grabbing a podium finish behind former teammate Sebastian Vettel and his replacement, Daniil Kvyat.
It’s fair to say that the Australian’s run to third place was pretty eventful with no less than three incidents – he was hit by Valtteri Bottas at the start and then had separate collisions with Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.
His Red Bull Racing RB11 certainly sported plenty of battle scars when it returned to the pits at the end of the race, and then Ricciardo added one more dent by dropping his trophy during a post-race interview with Sky Sports!
You can check out the mishap here…
Image via Sutton Motorsport Images
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Formula E: Bern replaces Zürich - 12 October, 2018
- Supercars: Sydney dropped from 2019 calendar - 11 October, 2018
- Formula E: New location and layout for Santiago ePrix - 9 October, 2018
- ‘Elbow Grease’ - 7 October, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wins Bathurst 1000 pole by 0.009s - 6 October, 2018