A business and community consortium has confirmed it has lodged a development application for a brand new racing circuit and motorsport complex to be built in Australia.
The group plans to construct the facility on the Central Coast region of New South Wales, which will be located near Bushells Ridge – halfway between Gosford and Newcastle – about 90 minutes’ drive north of Sydney.
The application lodged with the local Wyong Council planning authority for the CASAR Park (Community Automotive Sport and Recreation) will include a 3.5-kilometre anticlockwise circuit, a karting track and a driver training facility.
“More than 1,000 volunteer hours of research, lobbying and planning have come to fruition. We are now in the next stage of raising our construction funds. The ability of CASAR Park to deliver significant economic and social benefits is clear and we are confident of financial support from local, state and federal governments,” the CASAR Park website reads.
It is estimated that the facility will cost some $14 million to build, should it get the go-ahead from the local council.
Images and video via CASAR Park; title image via XPB Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018