Nico Rosberg will head into this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix at Monza as the newest father on the Formula 1 grid.
The Mercedes driver announced via Twitter that his wife, Viviane, gave birth to their first child at Monaco’s Princess Grace Hospital on Sunday.
our full moon baby girl was born yesterday afternoon. We are overwhelmed and totally in love. Best wishes, V + N
— Nico Rosberg (@nico_rosberg) August 31, 2015
Mother and daughter – whose name has not yet been announced – and reported to be doing well.
Rosberg and his wife were childhood sweethearts before getting married in July 2014. The pair announced they were expecting their first child in February.
The RF1 team extends its congratulations to the Rosberg family.
Image via M Sports
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen ends winless streak - 6 September, 2020
- Formula 2: Schumacher charges to Monza victory - 6 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin extends points lead with Townsville win - 5 September, 2020
- Formula 2: Ilott on pole again - 5 September, 2020
- Supercars: More calendar changes for 2020 season - 31 August, 2020