The livery that Simona de Silvestro and Renee Gracie will campaign at next month’s SuperCheap Auto Bathurst 1000 endurance event has been unveiled ahead of the duo’s two-day pre-event test session at Winton Raceway.
The all-female driver pairing headlined the news of two wildcard entries joining the grid for this year’s iconic endurance race, with the pair set to pilot a Ford Falcon FG X prepared and run by the championship-leading Prodrive Racing Australia stable.
The #200 ‘Supergirls’ car will have the primary sponsorship backing from retail giant Harvey Norman, with associate sponsorship coming from Hewlett Packard, Dunlop, Virgin Australia and Gracie’s backers Fujitsu, Century 21 and Caltex.
De Silvestro and Gracie will spend two days acclimatising to the FG X, having previously driven in Gracie’s Dunlop Series car at Queensland Raceway last week. The pair will be assisted by Prodrive Racing co-driver Cameron Waters, who is pairing up with championship contender and reigning Bathurst 1000 winner Chaz Mostert for this year’s event.
Images via Fox Sports and V8 Supercars Championship
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Sydney dropped from 2019 calendar - 11 October, 2018
- ‘Elbow Grease’ - 7 October, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wins Bathurst 1000 pole by 0.009s - 6 October, 2018
- Supercars: Whincup fastest in Bathurst qualifying - 5 October, 2018
- Formula 2: Russell inches closes to title glory - 30 September, 2018