The factory Holden Racing Team will be hoping that a dose of ‘The Force’ will propel it to victory at the Bathurst 1000 endurance event after taking the covers off the Star Wars inspired liveries it will run on its two cars.
Two unique Star Wars: The Force Awakens liveries have been produced, with the #2 Holden Commodore of Garth Tander and Warren Luff featuring the ‘dark side’ design. One side of the duo’s car will feature Kylo Ren and his lightsaber while the driver’s side will see a First Order Stormtrooper imagery.
Conversely the #22 Commodore of Jack Perkins and either Russell Ingall (or James Courtney, should he be well enough to return to racing) will run the ‘light side’ colours. This design features Chewbacca and the Milennium Falcon spacecraft on the left flank, with a Rebel X-Wing pilot on the driver’s side.
The Star Wars liveries are part of a larger collaboration between the franchise’ owner, the Walt Disney Company, and Holden. The seventh film in the Star Wars series will be released in cinemas on December 17.
Image via Holden Racing Team
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- ‘Daniel Ricciardo: In Pursuit of Greatness’ - 3 August, 2018
- Formula 2: Sette Câmara stuns with pole - 28 July, 2018
- Formula 2: 2018 Race of Hungary Preview - 27 July, 2018
- Supercars: Bright replaces Brabham for enduro rounds - 27 July, 2018
- Formula 2: Lorandi gets Trident call-up - 24 July, 2018