Sauber reserve driver Raffaele Marciello will have another Friday practice outing for the Swiss team at next weekend’s United States Grand Prix.
The Italian, a protégé of Ferrari’s driver academy program, has already driven the Sauber C34 in FP1 at the Malaysian, Spanish and British Grands Prix – in addition to the two in-season tests at the Circuit de Catalunya and the Red Bull Ring.
“Regular driver Felipe Nasr will take over the car from FP2 onwards,” a statement from the team confirms.
Marciello has spent 2015 competing in his second season in the GP2 Series championship, racing for the Trident team. While having already equalled the 74 points he scored in his debut season in 2014, the Italian has not quite had the year he would have been targeting, only netting a trio of Sprint Race podium finishes as his best results.
Image via Sauber AG
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020