Volvo Polestar Racing has confirmed the widely-expected news that James Moffat will join its driver line-up for the 2016 V8 Supercars Championship season.
“At 31 years old I believe that James is in the prime of his career and I am confident that he will be a very worthwhile contributor to my team,” team owner Garry Rogers said in a brief statement issued by the team.
As was speculated last week after Moffat’s end-of-season departure was announced by Nissan Motorsports, the second-generation racer will drive the team’s #34 Volvo S60 as teammate to Scott McLaughlin.
Moffat will take over the car driven this year by David Wall, who has consistently struggled for performance since he joined the team at the start of the season. Wall’s departure was confirmed last week, and he indicated that he will not seek a full-time V8 Supercars drive in 2016.
Moffat has been racing full-time in the V8 Supercars Championship since 2011, having had spells at Dick Johnson Racing (2011-2012) followed by his current three-year stint with Nissan Motorsports (2013-2015).
Image via V8 Supercars Championship
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen ends winless streak - 6 September, 2020
- Formula 2: Schumacher charges to Monza victory - 6 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin extends points lead with Townsville win - 5 September, 2020
- Formula 2: Ilott on pole again - 5 September, 2020
- Supercars: More calendar changes for 2020 season - 31 August, 2020