The Erebus Motorsport’s V8 team will perhaps show deference to the host nation of this weekend’s V8 Supercars Championship round in Pukekohe by running both of its AMG E63 Mercedes-Benz’s in all-black colour schemes.
The team’s rest of the season sponsorship deal with Melbourne-based oil company Penrite will see Ash Walsh’s car join that of teammate Will Davison in running its black-and-gold colours at the ITM Auckland Super Sprint event.
Having run the eye-catching pink colour of the Wendys ice cream group at the preceding Bathurst and Gold Coast rounds, Walsh’s paint job will be a one-off for this weekend.
The rookie’s regular #4 entry will be branded #10 in deference to Penrite’s 10 Tenths Racing Oils brand.
“I think it’s fantastic that Penrite will have both of our cars dressed in black for New Zealand,” team owner Betty Klimenko said.
“Since the start of our partnership, Penrite have really engaged with our team and the fans which is really great to see.
“Given all the positive comments we’ve had about the Penrite livery since Bathurst, I’m sure the fans are going to love seeing the two Penrite cars lining up on the grid in New Zealand.”
Walsh’s car will revert to the Wendys colours for the final two championship rounds of the season at Phillip Island and Sydney Olympic Park.
Images via Erebus Motorsport V8
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020