Newly-crowned V8 Supercars Championship winner Mark Winterbottom will race with a new colour scheme during his title defence season.
Prodrive Racing Australia has confirmed that Winterbottom will take over the Bottle-O Racing colours used for the past four seasons by its Rod Nash Racing satellite team for David Reynolds.
Reynolds will be joining Erebus Motorsport for the 2016 season and PRA’s title sponsor Pepsi is scaling back from its title sponsorship of the cars of Winterbottom and teammate Chaz Mostert.
Mostert will run with the backing of the SuperCheap Auto retail group, which has moved its sponsorship to the team from the Walkinshaw Racing stable.
Winterbottom unveiled the new colour scheme the day after sealing his maiden Drivers’ Championship title at Sydney Olympic Park.
“It’s fantastic to announce a new partnership on my car with The Bottle-O, and to do so with number one on the side as the new V8 Supercars Champion makes it even more special,” he said.
“We’ve had a long-standing history with V8 Supercars, via our sponsorship of The Bottle-O Racing Team. We can’t think of a better way to head into our tenth year, than with Mark at the wheel and The Bottle-O brand on the #1 car,” Scott Marshall, CEO of Bottle-O, added.
Images via Daily Telegraph and V8 Supercars
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020