Red Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen has finished the final day of testing fastest, seven-tenths of a second clear of second best Stoffel Vandoorne in the McLaren-Honda.
Verstappen had set his time during the morning session on the super-soft compound tyre as did Vandoorne, although Pascal Wehrlein, who completed the most laps of anybody with 13! Improved in the afternoon session to finish in third position.
Esteban Gutierrez was the only driver to use the ultra-soft compound tyre just like teammate Romain Grosjean did yesterday, however his best time was set on the super-soft tyre in the afternoon session which saw him fourth on the timesheets.
Ferrari clocked 116 laps with junior Antonio Fuoco at the wheel, with the Italian finishing in fifth place 1.4 seconds off the pace.
Daniil Kvyat set the sixth fastest time on the final day of testing as he completed 116 laps around the Circuit de Catalunya. The Russian’s session was cut short when his engine failed between Turns Four and Five, bringing out the red flag for the second time.
Alfonso Celis Jr. put in a late lap on the super-soft tyre to finish in seventh position and a fraction quicker than Kevin Magnussen, who set his fastest lap in the morning session before spending the afternoon session testing long runs.
Felipe Massa continued to evaluate the double-decker rear wing in the afternoon session and finished ninth while Jordan King ended the day’s testing last 4.3 seconds off the pace.
1. Max Verstappen – Red Bull Racing: 1:23.267
2. Stoffel Vandoorne – McLaren-Honda: 1:24.006
3. Pascal Wehrlein – Mercedes: 1:24.145
4. Esteban Gutierrez – Haas F1: 1:24.592
5. Antonio Fuoco – Ferrari: 1:24.720
6. Daniil Kvyat – Toro Rosso: 1:24.737
7. Alfonso Celis – Force India: 1:25.016
8. Kevin Magnussen – Renault: 1:25.133
9. Felipe Massa – Williams: 1:27.167
10. Jordan King – Manor: 1:27.615
Image via Red Bull Content Pool