Local hero Daniel Ricciardo will be honoured with a grandstand in his name at his home Grand Prix in 2017.
The announcement was made as the Red Bull Racing driver celebrated his 27th birthday ahead of this weekend’s Austrian Grand Prix.
“What better way to honour Australian Formula One driver Daniel Ricciardo on his birthday than giving him his very own grandstand,” said Australian Grand Prix Corporation CEO Andrew Westacott.
The undercover grandstand boasts views of Turns 3, 4 and 5 and is sure to become a favourite for local fans wanting to cheer on the likeable Aussie.
“Having a grandstand named after me is definitely the ultimate birthday present and an incredible privilege,” Ricciardo said. Hopefully Turn 4 will be my best corner on the Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit.”
He joins fellow Australians Jack Brabham, Alan Jones and Mark Webber to have an Albert Park grandstand carry his name.
Image via Red Bull Racing
Latest posts by Elle Haus (see all)
- COMMENT: Vettel is throwing the title away - 18 September, 2018
- Verstappen accuses F1 officials of ‘killing racing’ - 4 September, 2018
- Ricciardo looks ahead to Singapore - 4 September, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Sir Jackie Stewart - 24 March, 2018
- Brundle laments ‘horrible’ Halo - 23 March, 2018