World Touring Car Championship rookie Ferenz Ficza will be missing in action at this weekend’s round in Argentina after undergoing surgery for appendicitis earlier this week.
“I am lucky, it was a simple routine surgery but it still hurts a lot,” said the Zengő Motorsport driver.
“The doctor asked me to have a walk near the hospital, but every movement is a struggle at the moment.”
“Feri said he had pain in his stomach earlier and he decided to see the doctor and it turned out that he needed a surgery. We really hope he will get better soon,” team principal Zoltan Zengő added.
The Zengő Motorsport team will instead field just one Honda Civic WTCC at the Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo for Ficza’s teammate Dániel Nagy, although it may elect to field a second locally-based driver at short notice to drive Ficza’s car which was shipped for the first of five flyaway rounds that close out the 2016 season.
Image via FIA WTCC Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019