The newest chapter in Holden’s Supercars journey has begun, with the Red Bull Holden Racing Team Commodore breaking cover ahead of the 2017 Australian Supercars Championship season.
The mildly revised livery scheme was shown off to reports at Holden’s headquarters in Port Melbourne this morning, with the matte blue base drawing close parallels to the paint job run by the Red Bull Racing Formula 1 team last year.
Holden joined forces with the championship-winning Triple Eight stable after pulling the pin on a lengthy association with the Walkinshaw Racing operation.
The team, with new driver Shane van Gisbergen joining its established pairing of Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes in an expanded line-up, romped to its sixth lockout of the Drivers’ and Teams’ Championship titles in the last nine years, with van Gisbergen claiming overall title honours.
Image via Red Bull Content Pool
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- ‘Daniel Ricciardo: In Pursuit of Greatness’ - 3 August, 2018
- Formula 2: Sette Câmara stuns with pole - 28 July, 2018
- Formula 2: 2018 Race of Hungary Preview - 27 July, 2018
- Supercars: Bright replaces Brabham for enduro rounds - 27 July, 2018
- Formula 2: Lorandi gets Trident call-up - 24 July, 2018