Craig Lowndes’ Holden Commodore will support a revised livery scheme in 2017, with the paint job being unveiled ahead of the Supercars preseason.
The series veteran and six-time Bathurst 1000 winner competes in a third VF Commodore run by Triple Eight Race Engineering, under the TeamVortex banner.
With just two race wins to his credit in a 2016 season dominated by teammates Shane van Gisbergen and Jamie Whincup, Lowndes still finished fourth overall in the Drivers’ Championship standings.
“Last year was all about getting the formula right,” said Lowndes.
“This year we can apply all that we learned last year and focus on getting consistent results. I have got a very strong team behind me and I’m really excited to continue developing that relationship with ‘Irish’ (John McGregor, Race Engineer). He obviously engineered me for the last few races in 2016 and did a fantastic job, so I’ve no doubt that we’ll only get better together with time.”
Lowndes’ 2017 paint scheme has switched to a predominantly white base, with red and green highlights in deference to his naming rights sponsor. Among his car’s secondary sponsors are MTAA Super, Autobarn, Gearwrench, CarsGuide, O’Brien Glass and Red Bull.
Images via TeamVortex
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020