Tekno Autosport has secured the sponsorship of bourbon brand Woodstock for the 20178 Australian Supercars Championship season, albeit only for a selection of rounds.
The single-car team’s naming rights backing has previously come from the Darrell Lea Stix chocolate company for the past two seasons, however this year its Holden Commodore will sport a new colour scheme in deference to its new backer.
The Woodstock deal will cover the championship’s highest-profile rounds, namely the Clipsal 500 Adelaide, Townsville 400, Sandown 500, Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and the Gold Coast 600 events.
The team has confirmed it is yet to confirm other naming rights sponsors for the remaining championship rounds.
The team had a solid campaign in 2016, with new signing Will Davison finishing fifth overall in the Drivers’ Championship standings. After scoring an early race victory at Symmons Plans, he was a consistent top-ten finisher and peaked with team owner and co-driver Jonathon Webb to claim victory at the Bathurst 1000.
The pair will again partner up in 2017, with the season officially kicking off with the Clipsal 500 on March 4-5.
Image via TEKNO Autosport
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020