Prodrive Racing returnee Jason Bright has unveiled his new MEGA Racing car and livery he will run in the 2017 Australian Supercars season, as well as announcing that reigning Dunlop Super2 Series champion Garry Jacobsen will be his co-driver in the endurance rounds.
Bright rejoined the Prodrive Racing Australia stable – having last races for them in 2006 – after losing his drive at Brad Jones Racing. The series veteran took his Britek Motorsports Racing Entitlements Contract to his former employers and will run a satellite operation fielding a Ford FG X Falcon.
Bright’s brand new car sports the purple and black colours of his naming rights backer, MEGA Bulk Fuels, as well as major sponsorship from the PRA-aligned Tickford brand.
The highly-rated Jacobson will make his Supercars debut in the endurance races at the Sandown 500 alongside Bright, with further appearances at the Bathurst 1000 and Gold Coast 600 rounds.
“It’s an honour to be given the opportunity to drive alongside Brighty in the Supercars main series as a co-driver,” said Jacobson.
“It’s exciting for me to gain even more experience in these cars and it shows that the team and Tim [Edwards, PRA Team Principal] trust in my ability and trust that I can do the job on the day.”
Image via Prodrive Racing Australia
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020